Hello and salaam everyone!
I’ve not had a chance to post much lately as I have been busy, but not too busy for 30 day shred!
Alhamdulillah I completed it on Friday, so proud of myself as I haven’t stuck to an exercise programme ever! Like I said in an earlier post, I need routine.
- I lost 4 lb in total 😀
- I lost 2.5 inches from my waist! 2 inches from my chest and 2 from my hips. Which is pretty excellent!
I definitely recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred if you want to kickstart your exercise/weight loss journey, or if you have hit a plateau like I did and you need to get past it. It is hard work but so worth it!
Things that you should know:
- I worked out 6 days a week, taking Saturday off, and I worked out at around the same time everyday.
- I ate a total of approximately 1600 calories daily. I had a day off on Friday, but wouldn’t eat more than about 2100 calories.
- I did not cut out carbs from my diet, but I did try to cut down on carbs – didn’t eat much bread, smaller portions of rice.
- I lost no weight in the first two to three weeks, but I stuck to it and I’m glad that I did.
I started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 today! It seemed like the natural progression from her 30 Day Shred. It is difficult also but I thought it was fun.
Let’s see how it goes!